05/12/12 - TAG: My Beauty Firsts

Now, I know I'm not specifically a beauty blogger, but I was tagged by the wonderful Lauren (definitely check out her blog, it's brilliant) and couldn't resist.  This tag originally existed on YouTube (created by Lily Pebbles and Anna of 'Vivianna Does Makeup'), but was converted to blog format by Laura.  I'm suuuuuper busy with university at the moment but this was a nice easy post to write, so I feel like I'm still in the swing of this blogging thing.  A lovely procrastination tool.  Here we go...

1. What is your earliest beauty memory?
Mine is probably wearing the stunning combination of obscene amounts of orange foundation, blue eyeshadow and red lipstick for dancing shows and amateur musical theatre performances.  This started from a young age and it wasn't until I was about fifteen or sixteen that I learned how to tone it down and still look human under the stage lights.

I tried to find a photo of this monstrosity of a make-up look and was 'unfortunately' unable.  Shame.

2. What was your first beauty purchase?
The earliest I can remember is a Collection 2000 Dazzle Dust in what I believe is (after a cheeky Google) the shade Sugarplum.  I don't know why I thought pink glittery eyeshadow was a good look, but apparently I did.

3. When did you first wear make-up?
Other than for stage shows, I remember getting my mum to help me apply an eyeshadow that I believe came off the front of 'Girl Talk' magazine for a Year 5 disco.  I can only imagine how wonderful I looked.

4. What was your first beauty disaster?
Emo eyeliner.  For sure.  I look back at photos from my MySpace (that's how long ago it was) and wonder why I was ever allowed to leave the house with so much black kohl pencil on my waterline.

5. Who was your first beauty crush?
I can't honestly say that I have an answer to this question.  I have no recollection of who this could possibly be.

6. What was your first brand crush?
Probably Barry M, Miss Sporty or Collection 2000 - cheap and cheerful, that was my young teenage make-up bag.  Since then, I have moved onto bigger and better things, although I do have a few old favourites that I love, particularly for the small price tag.
  
7. What's your longest standing beauty love?
I would say either Rimmel London Exaggerate eye liner (I really like the applicator) or Collection 2000 pressed powder - I use the lightest shade in winter and it looks a bit like super pale Hallowe'en make-up, but it's very cheap so I don't even mind when it smashes in my bag...which often happens.

And that's all folks!  I would like to tag; Emma, Charlie and Jemma - they all have amazing blogs, so check them out while you're there.  And anyone else reading this, feel free to complete it yourself and link me up!

No comments:

Be the first to comment on this post: