25/02/14 - The Fairy Tale Tag

I was tagged by the lovely Laura to complete this tag and of course I jumped at the chance!  Everyone knows that I like to inject a little bit of magic and sparkle into every occasion, so this tag is perfect for me.




Snow White: Do you consider yourself beautiful?
Sadly, I don't think I know anyone who could honestly answer this question 'yes'...and even if they tried, people would certainly judge them for it!  There are days when I'm much happier in my skin than others, but obviously there are things I want to change.

Sleeping Beauty: How many hours do you sleep at night?
Normally around 9 hours...I like a lie-in but force myself to get up even if I don't strictly need to or I'll spend all day in bed!  I don't function well without sleep, I get grouchy.

Cinderella: Do you have a curfew?
Not any more, although I am still in the habit of telling my parents that I "won't be too late" (i.e. home after midnight) as I leave the house and then rocking up whenever I feel like it.  Oops.

Rapunzel: Do you love being outside?
I used to hate it, but I've recently developed much more of a love for the outdoors...even in the hideous British weather we've been having recently.

Red Riding Hood: Do you trust strangers easily?
If I answer 'yes' then it makes it sound like I go around giving my home address and PIN number to every third person...it's not quite that bad!  But I've always been a very open person and find no problem at all in making conversation with strangers, so I suppose I kind of have to say yes.

The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids (incidentally, one that I have never heard of!): Are you easily fooled?
I like to think not.  I'm quite a good judge of character, so I'm fine on that front.  I am, however, incredibly easy to wind up...my family get endless fun out of playing devil's advocate in arguments with me, if that counts!

Beauty and the Beast: What makes someone beautiful in your eyes?
A good heart (and if that doesn't sound like the answer of a fairytale princess, I don't know what does!)...generosity, kindness and honesty all fall under this heading.  Also, passion.  I like to see someone's face lighting up with enthusiasm for something they love.  I find that beautiful to watch.

The Little Mermaid: What would you sacrifice for love?
Every relationship - be it romantic, familial or as friends - requires a little bit of give-and-take.  I think there's a limit to how much you should be willing to sacrifice, but it directly relates to the amount your partner is willing to sacrifice.  If one of you is giving up a lot more than the other, that imbalance can be unhealthy.

The Frog Prince: What do you find disgusting?
Rudeness and a bad attitude.  There's just no need for it.  Also, I am no good with vomit.  I have been known to abandon friends who are throwing up for fear of following suit.

Jack and the Beanstalk: Do you have any plants?
Nope.  I bought a pointsetter over Christmas and watered it a grand total of...once.  That poor thing.




Puss in Boots: Do you have any pets?  If not, do you want them?
Currently, I am pet-less.  Over the course of my life, I've had several different ones, including hamsters, fish, a budgie and a rat...but I don't currently find myself craving one.  I'm going to make a blanket statement that will make me mighty unpopular, but: I don't really like animals.  They freak me out a bit.  Sorry.

Bluebeard: What is your weak point?
Overthinking and trying too hard to please other people.  The two often go hand-in-hand.

Pinocchio: What is your biggest wish?
To be happy, of course.  To have a fulfilling job and to be surrounded by people I love.

Peter Pan: What is your mental age?
My mum has a theory that everyone is born a certain age and when you get there, that will be the age at which you're most comfortable.  I think mine was eighteen/nineteen.  It's all downhill from here!

The Star Money (again, this is totally new to me): What is your most valuable possession?
I don't really own anything that is particularly valuable in terms of money, but I'm a big one for sentimentality which makes it hard to narrow down.  I'm going to say my watch which was a 21st birthday present from my brother...after I lost the one he got me for my 18th.  I was distraught when I realised that I'd lost it and even worse when I had to admit it to him.

Gold Mary and Pitch Mary: Are you a hard worker or a lazy one?
It very much depends on my mood and the tasks I have to carry out.

The Snow Queen: Who is your best friend?  What would you do for them?
I couldn't name a single best friend; I have some very close friends from different areas of my life and I'd struggle to choose between them (y'all know who you are).  I'm certainly someone who tries to go above and beyond for their friends, so there's not much I wouldn't do for my nearest and dearest.

The Princess and the Pea: Are you sensitive?
Oh God yes.  Yes, so much.  Overly so.

Godfather Death: What qualities make a good parent?
The idea of having children terrifies me.  Like, it is THE scariest thing I can imagine.  I think the key is selflessness...being happy to and able to devote your whole life to looking after this tiny thing that has no choice but to totally rely on you.  I am far too selfish and far too concerned about letting people down. 

The Twelve Dancing Princesses: Do you like parties?
Love 'em.  A chance to get glammed up and have a boogie, possibly with a promise of buffet food?  Heaven.

The Emperor's New Clothes: Do you care a lot about your clothing?
I don't think I do.  I love a new dress as much as the next girl, but I live my life in the same leggings-and-jumper combination.  Comfort is key.

The Brave Little Tailor: Do you consider yourself brave?
Until about two years ago, the answer to this would have been a resounding 'no, nope, not in a million years, God no, who do you think I am?' but now, I'm going to say...sometimes.  Which is a big step forward for me.






If you haven't already completed this tag, please do and link me in the comments!  It's a really fun set of questions with an adorable theme.

2 comments:

  1. You inspired me! I had a go at this one myself ^_^
    http://mylittlekristi.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/the-fairy-tale-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, I'll pop over and have a little read :D xx

      Delete