28/11/13 - TMI Tag

I saw this tag on Laura's blog and couldn't resist.  I'm an obscenely nosy person, so any excuse to get a little insight into other people's lives is okay by me!  It's also a great way to get to know a bit more about 'the person behind the blog', if you will.  I know that some people will find this infinitely boring, but I liked answering the questions so here we go!

What are you wearing?

As it's my day off and I'm feeling a bit under the weather, I am wearing my Snoopy pyjama trousers with a massive old T-shirt, cuddled up in my dressing gown and slippers.  Perfection.

How tall are you?

Something like...five feet and six inches.  Average.

How much do you weigh?

On a good day, about nine and a half stone.  There haven't many good days recently, so the numbers on the scales have been a teensy bit higher.

Do you have any tattoos?

Nope.  I know what I would get, but I'm too indecisive and pathetic with pain to go through with it.  Also my dad said he'd be "very disappointed in me".

Do you have any piercings?

Just the cartilage at the top of my right ear, not even my earlobes.

What is your favourite TV show?

I have far too many.  A small selection are; Gossip Girl, Doctor Who, New Girl, Sherlock, Made in Chelsea, Sex and the City, Friends, Two Broke Girls...the list goes on.

Who are your favourite bands/singers?

Again, I have quite a few.  I should also say that I don't really have like, 'cool' taste in music.  I've seen Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran and the Script in concert and they're all some of my favourites.  I also love Taylor Swift and Busted, as well as some more classic stuff like Madness, Paul Simon, the Beatles (naturally, you can't be from near Liverpool and not love them) and the Kinks.

What is something you miss?

Right now, all my friends from university.  Some are still in Hull, some are back in their hometowns and some are on the other side of the world but I miss them all equally.  A reunion definitely needs to be on the cards soon.





What is your favourite song?
I don't have one, I'm really bad at having favourites.  But right now, I keep listening to 'Hard Out Here' by Lily Allen on repeat - empowering, funny and catchy, I can't get enough.

How old are you?

I am 21 and nearly a half.

Zodiac sign?

Cancer.  I used to be very into horoscopes and I still believe that Cancer's supposed personality traits are remarkably similar to my own.

Quality you look for in a partner?

Intelligence, humour and honesty.

Favourite quote?

My mantra is 'This too shall pass'.  No matter what hardship you're suffering, what little worries you have, nothing is permanent.  Some people may not find that to be positive, but I think that it means that everything is fleeting so savour the good and push on through the bad.


Favourite actor/actress?

Audrey Hepburn, David Tennant (obviously as the Doctor but in my opinion, he's at his best performing Shakespeare), Sheridan Smith and Andrew Scott.

Favourite colour?

Turquoise, purple and silver.

Loud or quiet music?

Depends on my mood; I like having something soothing on when I'm reading or trying to do work, but sometimes you can't beat a good old karaoke session in your room with the radio turned as loud as it will go and a hairbrush microphone.

Where do you go when you're sad?

Either in the bath or for a long walk.  Getting out of the house can really help to clear my head.

How long does it take you to shower?

About twenty minutes maybe.  I thought cutting my hair would make it quicker, but it hasn't particularly.

How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?

If I need to wash my hair, it can take up to an hour.  If not, twenty/thirty minutes.

Even been in a physical fight?

Nope, I'm too much of a wuss.  But when I drink, I can get a bit aggressive so it's only a matter of time before someone decks me.

Turn on?

Talent and passion - hey hey, not like that, cheeky!  Be it in a partner or a friend, passion is an endearing characteristic.  I love hearing people talk about things they really care about, it can be enough to make me love that thing as well.  Also posh accents, and I seem to be developing a thing for beards.

Turn off?

Rude behaviour.  There's just no need.

The reason you started blogging?

I felt like I needed a creative outlet and I liked the idea of a community of people brought together by writing about things they love (see my answer to the 'turn on' question).

Fears?

Losing my loved ones, obviously.  Also, down escalators and flying.

Last thing that made you cry?

I cry all the bloody time, I genuinely can't remember.

Last time you said you loved someone?

Another thing I do all the time.  Probably within the past twenty four hours to one of my friends.

Meaning behind your blog name?

I like alliteration, and this blog is a 'haven' for me to write about things I care about, away from the stresses of the real world.

Last book you read?

Restaurant Babylon by Imogen Edwards-Jones.  Really interesting insight into the world of fine dining and full of slightly worrying anecdotes that will make you question your experiences with eating out.

The book you're currently reading?

Rainbow Rowell's Eleanor and Park.  Well, at the time of writing this, I have literally just put it down but as I've not started another book yet, I reckon this counts.  It was...a rollercoaster read.  Upon finishing, I feel like my insides have been removed but in the best way.  It's a gorgeous heart-breaking love story.




Last show you watched?

Erm...probably Two Broke Girls.  I can't get enough.

Last person you talked to?

My dad; we debated going to see 'Gone With The Wind' at the cinema this afternoon and then decided against as we both have too much work to do.  We're big procrastinators, so it seemed like a nice idea but being sensible sometimes has to take priority.

The relationship between you and the last person you texted?

Lauren is one of my closest friends and one of my favourite people.

Favourite food?

Anything with carbs and cheese, specifically goat's cheese.  But if I had to pick a single thing, it would be my dad's roast potatoes.  Yum yum. 

Place you want to visit?

Right now, Vancouver to see Rachel.  Roll on the spring when I'm hoping this little dream will be coming true!

Last place you were?

Other than home and work, I jaunted over to York yesterday.  It was lovely.

Do you have a crush?

Of course I do.  What fun is life without a harmless little crush or three?

Last time you kissed someone?

Again, all the time.  I'm a cheek-kisser.  Most of my friends are subjected to it.

Last time you were insulted?
I couldn't tell you; with silly petty things, I get insulted really easily and with big things, I'm much better at keeping my cool. 

Favourite flavour of sweet?

Green and orange.  Whatever is the sourest.

Do you play any instruments?

The impressive answer is: violin, viola and ukulele.  The real answer is: I've not played the first two for years and I'm not exactly a master of the latter.

Favourite piece of jewellery?

I was given a necklace for my 18th birthday by my friends from the orchestra I went to throughout school.  I'm the oldest of our little group and therefore was the first to go to university, so they gave me a silver chain with three little good-luck pendants; a four leaf clover, a horseshoe and a wish-bone.  In nearly three and a half years, I've only taken it off for a total of twelve hours.




Last sport you played?

Ha.  Ha ha ha ha.

Last song you sang?

Does the Sex and the City theme music count?  It's been stuck in my head for hours.

Favourite chat-up line?

"I've got Skittles in my mouth, do you want to taste the rainbow?"

Have you ever used it?

What do you think?

Last time you hung out with anyone?

Yesterday, in York, with Ellie.

Who should answer these questions next?

Anyone who could be arsed to read all the way through this ridiculously long post.


If you fancy doing this tag, link me to your posts in the comments - I'd love to read them.

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading your version of this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely felt like a MySpace quiz...I miss the good old days :P xx

      Delete
  2. I love this! I too am so nosey.

    That is one of my favourite sayings too, because I think it can be used in good and bad situations, good because it reminds you to appreciate, and bad because you remember it's not going to last forever.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone agrees with me, a lot of people have told me that it's very negative but I disagree! xx

      Delete