16/12/13 - Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree...

Very little feels more Christmassy than decorating the tree.  It's one of the highlights of December for me, and it definitely cheered me up this weekend amidst some stressful days at work - who'd work in retail at this time of year?!  But Sunday afternoon meant going and choosing a tree (we absolutely always get a real one, my only artificial tree was the tiny one you may remember from my university house) before whacking on my Christmas playlist and having a little boogie during the decorating progress.


Let it never be said that I don't glam up for these festive occasions...




I wish I had the time or inclination to edit these photos up all arty.  It's something I'm determined to experiment with in the New Year, but my geriatric laptop might not cope with it.  We'll see.  




And here is the finished product!  Coming home to the twinkling lights and the smell of pine is what makes having to go to work over the Christmas period worth doing.  I'll be spending all my evenings over the next couple of weeks curled up under this bad boy, feeling cosy and content.


Is your tree up?  Do you favour the artificial, or is the smell of pine too much to resist?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Be the first to comment on this post: