24/10/12 - The Liebster Award!

A huuuuuuge thank you to the lovely Laura for the nomination - go and check out her wonderful blog!


This award is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers.  The rules are as follows:



  • Each person must post 11 facts about themselves;
  • Answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for you;
  • Choose 11 people and tag them in this post;
  • Follow the tagger and visit the blogs of at least three nominees.

11 Facts About Me:
1) I'm addicted to American TV shows - Gossip Girl, Pretty Little Liars, New Girl...can't get enough.
2) I have very strange taste in celebrity crushes.  My housemates think I'm insane.
3) I gave up eating fish at the age of 14 and I really miss it sometimes.
4) I cry very easily.  Particularly at films.
5) I hate being at university sometimes, because there is nowhere to buy sushi here.  And there's no Pret A Manger for miles.
6) I am terrified for life after graduation.
7) I will never fully understand football.  I've tried.
8) I always get exactly the same thing at Subway.  And it's essentially a glorified cheese sandwich that I could make at home.
9) I play the violin and the ukulele, used to play viola and like to pretend I can play guitar.
10) I don't tend to have 'favourite' things, I have a shortlist of at least five.
11) I have an addictive personality - I can't just like something, I have to obsess over it.

The questions Laura asked me:

Do you speak any languages?
Just English, unfortunately.  I gave up all languages as soon as I hit GCSEs, but I would love to speak French or Italian.
Why did you start a blog?
Honestly?  For something to do.  I like writing and hope to make a career of it one day, so it's just something I really enjoy doing.  And it's a chance for me to get all my thoughts out of my head, or I'd go insane.
Name 3 of your favourite music artists
Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry.
If you could live anywhere else in the world, where would you want to live?
A shortlist of Paris, New York and London - all cities that I adore.
What is your least favourite thing about blogging?
I occasionally struggle to think of things to write about, and now that I'm back at university, finding the time can sometimes be a bit tough.
What's your favourite thing about blogging?
Just the freedom to write about whatever you like and the support from the blogging community.  And I find it a relaxing break from university...something that enjoy doing but that is also productive.
If you could only have one make up item, what would it be?
Black eyeliner, no doubt.  Liquid, gel, pencil, felt tip pen...I don't care.  I feel naked without it.
Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
Oh, the list stretches on and on, and it changes day to day.  At the time of writing this...Ed Westwick.
What is the thing you like best about yourself?
Very difficult question.  I like to think that I'm quite a loyal friend, sometimes too much.  But that's a nice thing to be, right?
Top 3 blogs you like reading?
I always get a little flutter of excitement when I see a new post from The Londoner or Carosello.  I also adore A Beautiful Mess for eveything from recipes and DIY ideas to fashion and home decor posts.
Where do you live, and do you like it?
During the university holidays, I live just across the river from Liverpool and I must say, since not living there, I've appreciated it a lot more.  The nightlife, the restaurants, the theatres...amazing.

My questions for the people I'm tagging:

1) If you could be any celebrity, who would it be and why?
2) What is the worst film you have ever seen?
3) What is your guilty pleasure?
4) When was the last time you went to the theatre?
5) Where do you see yourself in ten years?
6) Who is your biggest inspiration?
7) What is your accent like?
8) If you could get any tattoo, what would it be?
9) What are you being/what were you for Hallowe'en?
10) Favourite quote?
11) What is your most-used beauty product?

I'm tagging:

The Fall and Rise of Rachael Gilbert
Sunshine and Showers
West End Musings
Turn to the Music
The Lazy Fashionista
The TARDIS in my mind
CharlieGH_
Pale Girl Reviews
CaroCiao
London, Paris, Hull (and Biarritz)
Sei Bella