30/04/13 - My First 'Outfit of the Night'- After-Show Party

I probably won't do these outfit posts regularly as I don't pretend to be a fashion blogger or a very fashionable person at all - a typical day for me is a black skirt and tights with some kind of jumper.  Every day of my life. Sometimes I substitute the skirt and tights for black jeans - I'm so crazy.  But I really wanted to show you my new dress because I am currently totally in love with it.  The day it arrived, I put it straight on and didn't want to take it off!


Dress - H&M (£20, online sale)

Despite H&M sizes being a bit hit and miss, this dress fits me really well.  However, if I'd bought my usual size, it would have been much too small so also remember to check the size guide!  The material is really thick and good quality, and I find the shape really flattering.  I love the flared skirt; something a little different from all the bodycon dresses around.  The pattern is fun and summery too.


Shoes - Dorothy Perkins (as far as I remember they were £40)

I bought the shoes ages ago (for a friend's 18th birthday, and she's just turned 21) - they were exactly the same colour as the dress I was wearing for that party, so I had to have them.  Since then, they have become my go-to shoes for nights out of all kinds; the platform at the front makes them really comfy and the neutral colour means that they go with everything.  They do get scuffed up quite easily and my mum always insists on cleaning them for me when she sees them in a mess - "No daughter of mine is going out in mucky shoes!"




Clutch bag - New Look (this time last year, I think it was about £12)
Nails - Bon Bon by Ciate
Silver bracelets - H&M (£6.99)
Black bracelet - very cheap from Etsy about a year ago; I never take it off.

My skin has been having some issues recently - essay deadlines are not conducive to glowing and clear skin.  A combination of a lack of sleep, a lack of sunlight and fresh air, and a lack of exercise have caused me to have a few little break-outs which is really annoying.  For this reason, I won't give you any massive close-ups of my gross face

Make-up
No 7 Stay Perfect Compact Foundation in Calico
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Powder in Fair
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair
Sleek Blush in Rose Gold
Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara
Collection 2000 Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner
Urban Decay Naked palette (specifically Virgin, Half-Baked and a touch of Smog)
L'Oreal Caresse lipstick in 202 Impulsive Fuschia



Yesterday was the night of the Performing Arts Society after-show party, which consisted of a lovely meal at a local Italian restaurant called Piola (big shout-out to the wonderful Paolo who helped me book the table - it's no mean feat for 30 people!) followed by drinks at the pub which sponsors our society and ending the night at Piper, a cheap studenty club which plays really fun music.  I love any excuse to get a bit more dressed up, and it was great to get everyone together and just let our hair down after the stressful show week.  It's always nice to see the guys get suited up...and they always jump at the chance, they're more into their fancy clothes than the girls are!  All in all, a great night was had - lots of champagne was consumed, the food was excellent and if the Facebook statuses are anything to go by, a lot of people have rather sore heads today...always the sign of a great evening.



If these outfit posts are something you'd be interested in 
seeing more of, let me know in the comments!