30/12/14 - Allow me to reintroduce myself.

Long time no see, old blog pals.  I readily admit that I have been particularly terrible at keeping up with this little corner of the Internet recently, but life has been more than a little mental.  (Like it's the first time you've all heard that one...) There have been some pretty big and exciting things going on and, particularly with the festive period, I've been run off my feet which has left me a bit shattered of late.  But things are looking to become a little calmer in the New Year - or at least, I'll be busy with fun blog-worthy things rather than with rubbish work things that no one wants to read about. 

2014 has been a year of big changes and, although anyone who knows me well will know that that I'm not exactly great at dealing with change, I've had an absolutely incredible twelve months...actually, most of that incredibleness has manifested in the last six months.  When I think back to the Hannah of this time last year, I'm amazed by how much I've developed.  And this blog has developed with me; not only did it get a total makeover and a new URL, I'm now intent on using this website as a means of collecting my creative writing as well as lifestyle/food/book-blogging...you may have noticed the addition of a new 'Portfolio' tab, that's what that is.  And that brings me to my New Year's resolution, which is really the point of this post.

I solemnly vow - with you, my lovely readers, as witnesses (yep, every one of the six people who will read this and that includes you, Mum) - that I will be utilising my snazzy new website to the level that it deserves.  I'm hoping to be able to post much more regularly and I'm even starting to plan an official schedule so that we'll all know when the next update will be going online.  These posts will be a combination of my usual mish-mash of blog topics along with short stories and the like, depending on what I feel like writing at the time.  I can't promise that it will be as organised as the idea of a schedule suggests, at least not at first, but I'm confident that I will be able to manage two new updates a month (one every fortnight) at the very least.  And now that I've written it here, I have to do it.  Feel free to let me know in the comments (once I manage to sort them out) or tweet me if you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see in the upcoming months, or just to send me some general words of encouragement.  I definitely have at least one theatre review in the pipeline, probably a handful of book reviews as I slowly work my way through my crazy TBR pile, and even a little DIY post - so that's all stuff to look forward to!

I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every single person who has ever clicked on one of the links that I feverishly tweet every once in a blue moon.  My motivation for starting this blog in the first place was to connect with people and I'd love to do more of that in 2015.


I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are feeling as positive about the upcoming year as I am - I can already feel that it's going to be a fantastic one and I'm determined to make that premonition a reality!


A belated Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Be the first to comment on this post: